Monday, April 2, 2012

April's Fool....

Welp - I didn't get accepted to Linfield. Ha. I realllllly wasn't expecting to, but the rejection still stings a little. Was kinda hoping it was an April Fool's prank.

It's hard knowing what you want in life, and knowing you're smart enough - but ya just can't quite figure out how to find that opportunity to prove yourself. I feel like all I ever do is jump through hoops, but instead of propelling me forward, I'm just jumping up and down. It gets old.

Bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce.

At least my legs are getting strong right?

Bad metaphor.....
Whatever.

Perseverance!

I can do that. Someday you'll see those stupid RN letters after my name..... :)

Here's to the next few months and seeing what other schools say - thank you to all my friends/family/coworkers for supporting me so wonderfully. Love you more than life.

On the upside - I MOVE this week! wait....didn't I just do that??? Ah yes - the REAL move! SO EXCITED. Cannot wait to be back in town, running around, away from the most ridiculously stocked pantry I've ever seen (seriously mother - you are not helping my marathon training! between eating ginger cookies, and going for a run - I choose the cookies EVERY time.)

On that note...here are some pics from life:

The now, annual walk to the fish hatchery on my birthday... :) Thank you for dancing Bridget. 

Ah yes - my lovely ladies feeding the hungry fishes.....we learned they don't like strawberries.

Candace and her morning.........MIMOSA! (You thought it was coffee didn't you! - Not on MY birthday!)

Hello SUNSHINE!

So....we rented the cycle pub? :) Heard of it? We are actually pedaling in this picture....

So are they...sorry sis.

SEE?!

Not only did I get a birthday hat from boneyard brewery, they kept giving me beer too...

Which made us (me) happy...

So then I made everyone be happy with me!

I also really wanted pictures of everyone's cups? :)

Bartender's view...

Birthday was completed with a day at the coast with Noah.....the sun came out for a bit!

L.O.V.E. the ocean. 

Faith is like walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith, and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be......a prudent insurance policy. - Elizabeth Gilbert

3 comments:

Beks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beka said...

Boo to Linfield but yay to moving!

b

p.s. that deleted comment above was from me...for some reason I was signed in as someone else...

birds do it better... said...

Happy birthday again heather! You're weekend looked freaking fun! (even to this mo mo who doesnt drink :) ps... Tell crystal to stop being so damn hot, it's annoying! I'm comin to see ur new house and home THIS week, promise.