You thought I was going to talk about snow didn't you? Silly you.
I've been in continual education mode this week (literally: life and school)...or so it feels. Finals + term papers + you know what else!!! I'm currently working (yes, still.....so what?) on my nursing application (due tomorrow, 5pm!). I plan on submitting it this evening, but in true Heather form, I needed a little release (despite the million things on my to-do list before our Bend departure tomorrow).......so, here I am.....with a thought:
I'm thinking of this patient we had yesterday...he was one of those "ah you're so sweet my heart is actually hurting thinking about all the hard stuff you're going through" kinda guys. He was older, making his lovely politeness even that much more endearing. We brought him down for a relatively intense case, and right as he was about to be put to sleep, he said "at this point, I'm just putting my life in the hands of the Lord."...or something along those lines. And.......well.......that's not uncommon at all to hear things like that, or to be present while families pray before procedures, etc. I see people everyday thoroughly and completely leaning on God as they struggle through life's blows....but for whatever reason, our sweet, kinda feel sorry for you, patient from yesterday just stuck with me. "I'm putting my life in the hands of the Lord." How real must that feel before going to sleep and literally allowing an entire team of people you've only just met to take care of you, trusting that they'll keep you alive....."uh....God......you got this right??....I'm going to wake up, right!?"......tap tap tap...."hello?? this thing on???"
The thought, made me rather reflective (ha - what DOESNT make me reflective?). When do I genuinely say "I'm putting my life in the hands of the Lord..." and do it?.........like.............awake. Consciously.
For about 2 zillion reasons, I've found myself completely overwhelmed this week....trying my hardest to truck through without completely losing it, but all the same, hitting that "well crap - you bit off too much, didn't you?" realization. Usually as I start sliding down hill, I take out everything in my path - then hit the bottom and go into shutdown mode. Pity party for one please!
This week has been different. This week has been awesome. The Lord's strength has lifted me - and I feel relieved. :)
I'm putting my life in Your hands, God. You got this.....right?
That's all.
What I woke up to this morning.......
Lots o' snow........a lovely morning walk. :)
My mom had chickens sent to her from New York - they hatched last Monday, and arrived here on Tuesday. Weird? A little. We received a peeping box in the mail with 7 little gals like this inside. :) Too bad they're not tiny forever.....
Bye. :)
Although we can be preoccupied with our dreams now, we must also make a sincere effort to make them come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment