English is so weird.....
I get the feeling I'm not going to be all that fancy with blog post titles this year - maybe I'll only get around to writing once per month, resulting in just calling them as they are.
So far....February as been a much needed improvement from January....and honestly, once it was all said and done - January ended on a nice note. I just tend to get easily stressed.
To celebrate the ending of Sobuery (sober January), as well as have an excuse to get outta this silly town, Noah and I embarked on a journey South to Sonoma County. I don't think it was quite the adventure he's used to (no real rocks to climb, or middle of nowhere camping, we had a nice kitchen AND a bathroom) - but, he was a pretty good sport about it all. When it comes down to it, how can one dislike wine country anyways? We were only a couple miles from a redwood reserve as well, so we enjoyed an awesome hike to kickstart the trip post sitting in a car for too long.
This was our first real trip together - just us. I am curious, somewhat, about what each of us were expecting - but whether or not all expectations were met, or exceeded - I feel (and seeing as this is MY blog, you will get MY opinion) that the trip was a perfect success. It was so fun to explore as much as we wanted - as well as laze around. We made our dinners, drank too much wine, and explored our funny little area. The demographic in our town, specifically, was very...........I'm not really sure how to describe it accurately - but "free?" could be a good word. The crowd was interesting, to say the very least. The wine was great - the meals were fun, and the company was my favorite part.
One of the things we talked about as our trip was coming to a close was our future. No no no no - I'm not talking like that. I guess I should say, our dreams. What have you always wanted to do your whole life?! What if I don't get into nursing school? Noah has been insanely encouraging in always saying he is certain I'll get in - but yesterday was the first day I really considered a back up plan. "Instead of waiting for another year to apply - why don't you LIVE this year?" I'm definitely GOING to nursing school, but getting accepted is no easy feat right now.
So with that - we came up with some potential ideas for me. I'm excited. I've had a goal to be fluent in spanish for YEARS - in the event that I don't get in for 2012, I'm going to look into a short immersion program (just like 3 weeks) in a S. American country (Guatemala, Nicaragua, etc). It's something I've never even considered before - but something I would SO love to do. He's so smart, that guy.
Unless I get accepted to nursing school - if that happens I'll turn into a bubbling basket case of excitement.
We'll see.
Here are some pictures to highlight the month:
Like I said...we kickstarted our trip with a 6ish mile hike in the redwoods. This is JUST before we started a ridiculous ascent - I was sweaty here..........eww.
I think he was saying "see, look - there are spiderwebs EVERYWHERE." In my minor panic of seeing a zillion little creatures crawling on my shoes. Yikes! Bullfrog Pond. I couldn't find a bullfrog. :/
We tried. Kinda. Taking pictures is awkward business - and my face just looks huge and funny. Noah looks normal though.
The hike ended with this tree. HUGE.
See what I mean?!
Noah got tired, here. I was FREEZING. Sweating so so much, then ending in all this shade.
The sun found its hiding place behind the clouds as we headed to the beach post hike (and nap). It was a beautiful beach, though!
My proof to sunshine.
This was as we were leaving town (like I said in a previous post - I suck at taking pictures).
But I tried!!! obviously all sunned out - but I still thought it was cool.
Noah took me to this classy joint on our way home, valentine's day. They gave me a carnation upon arrival. It.was.AWESOME.
HUGE portions.
Naturally, Noah got the hot turkey sandwich....
This is where I switch subjects........
I got new OR shoes!! I've been wearing the same ones for like 4 years.......time to upgrade! These are fun! :)
A cute pic of Kari and her little man. :)
Amber may kill me for this pic - but it's our last day working together - I couldn't not document it. How sad!
Jack Jack! My favorite little mister. Candace made a nice boy.
You know you have too many friends with kids when you think a tiny BP cuff is one of the cutest things on EARTH.
I like to play at work. :)
Guess I'll end on a picture of gloves? One more thing to mention to add to my joy of February, is that one of my VERY best friends of all time, Jenna, had her baby this month. I was a complete pain in the ass that day at work as I just wanted to be in Hawaii supporting her. LOVE YOU FRIEND! So excited to meet Ruby Sue!
Next on the list of excitements:
Amber's babe. I'm ready to meet little Finn!
MOVING!!!! I'm so excited for my new place!
New laptop! HA :) - I finally got my tax return, time to blow it all. :/
Birthday - girls weekend again! Victorian Cafe?! YES!
That's all for now. This year has a little trip every month, it feels like - so hopefully blogs won't be too boring.
Love you all.
I'd rather love just a little too much.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason you held on for so long.
---------------------------
Down to the river to Pray - Allison Krauss
Jesus doesn't expect His followers to be perfect, but He does call them to be authentic.



















4 comments:
This post makes me happy because YOU are so happy! Happy that you are happy. Love the idea of doing something awesome --- go learn Spanish and then teach me!
b
What a switch from your last post... February is treating you right! I'm so glad you had good weather on your trip, yay! I LOVE your backup plan... Now I'm excited for you no matter what happens! Next time I see your face, I might be pushing out a tiny human out of my body... Is that the weirdest thought ever or what!? Hope to see u soon! :)
Ps. Yes, you are gonna get a smack for posting that hideous picture of me.
Hi Heather!
This post was qua-li-ty! The pictures made me crave sun - looked like you were going for the sun-kissed film effect. I like it.
I want to go eat at the place in WEED, California. What kind of name for a city is that? That food made my mouth water.
Fun to ready what you are looking forward to.
Thanks for the good vibes and support to welcome baby Malan. All of it helped!
Oh and you can blog stalk me anytime =)
Take care =)
Oh and the Spanish immersion program made me green with envy. That would be SOOO cool, if you have to use the back up plan that is.
Post a Comment