Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sure....I'll keep writing.....

Well I know this is out of character for me (two posts in like two days?! What the what?!) - but I've been thinking lately..........it's probably my favorite thing to do....and I thought I'd start writing and see what happens.

I've been doing homework in front of my fireplace for an hour or so now, and in the midst of reading and writing and reading and writing (about some relatively boring subjects, I might add) - I've caught myself in a reflective mood.

I've gone through some hardship in my day, sure. From broken relationships, and the heartache involved within them, to fights with God, to self-pity...sigh...the list continues........sometimes, however.......I'm relatively sickened by what I have to see others go through for me to snap out of my own self-mopeyness.

Selfish much??

I just heard this insane story about a man who was given the decision to choose either himself or his own brother to be sentenced to death. And, of course, he chose himself (long story, but you get the point.) Or - my friend's daughter having open heart surgery for what probably seems like the ZILLIONTH time to the family....(I was receiving text updates today through it, and tearing up at Safeway because I'm so impressed at how strong that family is......definitely freaking out my checker). Or losing someone so close to you, and knowing you'll never be able to confide in them again......

And this stuff happens EVERYDAY. I mean.......what?! I've gone through hardships?! What am I talking/complaining/moping about?!

...............wow...this post is depressing!

Which totally isn't my point. It's just the stuff I think about........a minute fraction of what I think about, I should say. My brain has this incredible (absolutely obnoxious) ability to be processing literally ALL the time.

My real point:
My life is......amazing, all things considered. Seriously. I am so freaking blessed and happy. I have the best friends and family a lady could ask for. The best support system. This post is honestly just meant to say thanks. Thanks for being in my life. I feel so filled with gratitude. I just want my community to know how much I love and think of them.

K. End sappy post.


Have I put this up here yet? Ah Laura - you look ridiculous. 

:)

No comments: