Monday, January 23, 2012

January

Has been a relatively crappy month, I think.

Life, in and of itself has been alright....a little mopey maybe due to the general graying of my surroundings, but I'm still kickin through it.

Here's my depressing re-cap:

1. Sobuery (ha. sad that this is #1, but I'm not drinking this month and I'm not gonna lie, I miss having a glass of wine after a rough day)
2. RAIN (yes we had some nice snow, but all in all, it just caused a flood. I'm tired of having to debate whether or not I should run).
3. Worst case of my life at work.
4. General overall TERRIBLE work weekends. Yesterday I was there 15 hours with 2 massive transfusions. WTF.
5. My beloved running trail being wiped out.
6. Nursing school application stress (seriously....Noah keeps having to deal with me on the verge of nervous break downs every other day).
7. I don't think I've been very nice to people lately.
8. Hard chat with housemates, ending in my request to move out.
9. Amber is leaving my weekend and I'm depressed about it. Sure, it's to have a baby........which I'm STOKED about - but  can't you have your newborn and scrub in at the same time? Don't they like live on your boob? ;)
10. General, overall, lack of patience. I am quick to get frustrated lately.

Once I started writing that list I felt it necessary to make 10 points...........they got a little lame there.

BUT...there you have it. January has been kinda stupid, and we still have a week left?! All that said.........I've been working on this new concept of just being thankful lately. I'm always so thankful for all the good that I see and feel and experience, but lately I've been saying "thank you God for this day" even if it's been absolute bullcrap. Everyday despite it's potential for hardship is such a blessing. Everyday I am coming home to a warm house and a warm bed, and a full, satisfied belly. Everyday I have people that love me. Everyday I am blessed, so therefore everyday I am thankful.

This month will end, giving hope to a new/happy February. :) Linfield was my biggest stressful application, and it's finished, I have better gear for running in rain, and I'll be able to have that glass of wine soon enough. :) I've found a great place to live (thanks to my awesome home group!) and work is always going to be challenging......but my family there is like no other!

So - despite the hard stuff....I am still seeing the good. I am still filled with hope, and I am still loving life.

Thank you, God, for this day.

Off to work I go!

:)

What if today, we were just grateful for everything?


#11 - THEY MADE ME DO THIS! AHHHH BALLOONS!!!!!!! :) It was funny.

Love you guys.

1 comment:

birds do it better... said...

How about all the days you leave at 2, at 4... and Im stuck here til 7 without YOU! ugh, this place. p.s. i love that picture of you with the balloons. im directly to your right in this picture, thanks for not puking on me!