Thursday, January 5, 2012

2.0.1.1. - some highlights

Well my computer is still down for the count, but I'm hoping to be up and running with a new one within the month. For the time being I'm borrowing............ugh!

Life has been as busy as ever. It feels like every weekend that I have off, we're traveling somewhere. I can't believe we've shot through 2011 and are onto 2012! How'd that happen!?

I feel like I have 1000 things to say, ahhh I'm overwhelmed!!! Where to start?!...I've been working through a zillion different things lately. Nursing school applications are here again, and as I diligently write my essays (in 100 words or less, please identify a few challenges you have faced in life, what you have done to address said challenges, and your problem solving technique. Did you consult others in attempting resolve? Please explain thoroughly). DID I MENTION THE 100 WORDS OR LESS REQUIREMENT!? I can barely get out two sentences in that! Sheesh. SO.......I've written them all as lengthy as I've desired, and most recently, begun the painstaking process of cutting out the bullcrap, and getting to the point.

P.A.I.N.F.U.L.

Insert awkward segway here.......
I feel like the word "contentedness" has been popping up a lot in my life recently. Alongside that I see words like "fulfillment" and "abundance." They all go hand - in - hand, I suppose, but it's had me reflecting A LOT about what I'm attempting to pour into my ever so crazy life to get me at that "full" feeling. And it's funny (wrong word), what I tend to focus on. I won't bore you with the details, but the self-evaluation has been quite a wonderful one. It leaves me feeling hopeful, rather than burnt out. Filling my soul with God's love instead of unstable, rather selfish, desires has been pretty mind-blowing. Taking steps back, and deciding "nah....I'm not going to do 10 thousand things today, actually. I think I'll just go for a walk and pray, instead" has been exactly what I've been needing to do for the last like......................well forever. And I love it.

That's all really. I want to post some pictures of some 2011 highlights. Here's what I could come up with, with my limited picture supply:


These two ladies are my best high school friends! And they BOTH (both!) got married this year! AHH! SO exciting for you two!!!

....I played on a softball team?! And somehow we placed like 2nd? I don't think I did ANYTHING really to contribute to that....except a lot of yelling.


Captained my first H2C team! 3rd year in a row running with Candace!!!! Who also had my favorite baby boy! JACK!

Did lots o' canning........

As always....Christmas looked a lot like this. 


I went to Hawaii!!!!!!!! And met up with Corvallis folk? cool!


CRYSTAL IS WORKING WITH ME! I love her.


Went to an AWESOME fire lookout with some wonderful people!



Started dating this guy...dark pic I know. I like him.


Then he had a birthday. THAT was an event.


I caught our chimney on fire??

...and had some nice pics done with the sisters.

I'll leave it at that for now. Hope your 2011 was perfect! Here comes 2012. YIKES!

Shouldn't we hit the breaks, pull over to the side, and make sure that we are on the road that leads to life?

Love is an act of faith.

Song: One day, Matisyahu (it's literally been stuck in my head for like 2 weeks)

2 comments:

birds do it better... said...

cute post. maybe my favorite so far! I love entire year reflections!

Unknown said...

summed up in like 6 pictures.......yeah having my computer die = lame.