Tuesday, May 22, 2012

M to the O-AB

I can't even describe how incredible Moab was. Every time I look at the pictures I get sad that I'm not still there......

From repelling off cliffs to wiping out on my first mt. bike ride ever to some good friends getting engaged on top for a 400 ft. freaking TOWER of ROCK - the trip was insane. Everyday was my favorite.

Lookin out over the horizon........this is on slick rock. Kelly and I decided to hike this seeing as mt. biking + me + solid rock = smashed face. 

Our happy couple - ENGAGED! Toasting with champagne in camp mugs.....doesn't get much better.

The site of our repel - we came out that tiny hole on top....except that it was the middle of the night...

Post repel - sitting in the cave, watching the super moon...

And drinkin our illegal oregon beer....

Some people are better at it than me, nice one Tyge...

My first ever jumping pic......

Lookin down over the ledge! AHH.

I was actually pretty scared!

It was so hot there! we HAD to cool off! Tyler / Allison braving the falls!

It was realllllllly cold. Yes Noah wore that bandana the ENTIRE time we were there around is neck...

Giggling.....

Hikin slick rock.

My stud of a guy. 

Bein silly at Dead Horse Point.

Getting sun, watching Tyge climb, swimming away the day...

Ze ladies.

As always, I feel like I could probably say about a million things, but I'm too tired/busy at this very moment....mainly just wanted to get some pictures up (yes Amber, for you). The trip was a blast - cannot wait to go back next year.

Right now I'm in the final countdown to my marathon on June 2nd. I.AM.TERRIFIED. 26 miles sounds too far! Hopefully I survive. :)

Life is good. I am happy. Sooner or later I'll find out about some nursing schools I've applied to - but as of right now, I'm fine with the ignorance.

Q: When you cross paths with a lion, are you going to run away like a scaredy-cat or are you going to take life by the mane?

Favorite book so far this year: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I've already read it twice, and cried both times. SO GOOD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Blogging maybe silly, but reading and then posting follow up thoughts is at least as silly.

Hmm, well Moab looks like a blast (minus the heat, and mt bike faceplant). I love repelling (or Abseiling as we say in the UK) as its a part of climbing..:) Oh and 26 miles IS too far. I admire your courage, I used to do halfs quite often but managed to always be injured before my entry to the London marathon ever came up..Oh darn..:). Just to prove how limited my adventurousness is these days,..I would advise getting a PLB if you don't have one. $243 and very small and light.. If that idiot who sawed his own arm off a few years back had one..well..he'd still have an arm..:).. For me especially flying a lot I won't leave home without one..But many a hiker has died and could have been saved...From the old English fart..Frank..:)

Unknown said...

Sweet! Thanks for the tip Frank!

Meg said...

Looks like so much fun. So glad you got to go enjoy yourself some Utah!!! So so beautiful.
Now you just need to get a bike so we can go get our bike on.