I guess I'll start out with a brief overview of my current life. It goes something like this......work work work work work....recovery day....play play play play play.....no recovery day....work work work work work....pass out day....recovery day from pass out day....play day....pass out again....play play play. Get it?? In other words, work can get relatively draining - and frustratingly enough, so can play. I end up being SO busy....and regardless of if it is resulting from work or play I inevitably hit the end of my rope and die of exhaustion. I've never been all that great with time management. It's that whole concept of fearing a mediocre life. I want to experience it ALL. Everything. Seize the day. Live like you may die tomorrow kinda stuff. Throw it at me - I can take it........until I can't, and I end up in bed at 6pm. :) That is my life.
It's funny, actually, one of my docs recently confessed to me that he suffers from FOMS. The way he said it.....with such a grave conviction had me genuinely concerned. "??FOMS? what.....what is that??" I asked, cautiously.....not wanting to pry. He solemnly replied with "fear of missing something."
OH MY GOSH I HAVE THAT TOO!!!! :) I hate knowing that I'm missing out!!!! It's something of a problem, actually..........
This particular stretch of time off has been a little more relaxed....I'm still convinced that a beach trip is in order, but I'm also taking my time, not stressing about when/if it actually is going to happen.......however I think that 'relaxed attitude' is partly due to the fact that it is RAINING in JULY. How many complaints have you heard about our weather recently? It cracks me up to look at facebook right now.........I think at least 60% of status updates are some witty statement about summer missing the mark (mine included). That said, though, I'm STILL peeling from too much sun from our 4th of July trip to Bend...so I suppose I'm doing alright in my vitamin D consumption.
Life has been good. There are definitely some new changes in my horizon....but as a whole it has been good. I think my mood of late can be classified as 'excited,' and I'm doing all I can to just ride that feeling out. Soak up the good and let it fill my whole being.........despite the crappy weather. :)
Favorite memories over the past few weeks:
*The last Harry Potter....still feeling very bittersweet about it.
*Multiple pizza dinners at the parents.....and some very creative pizza mishaps.
*Getting lost in Eugene for an hour, but being so enthralled in my talk radio program that I didn't care...
*NEW COUCH!
*Singin in the heart room / and slippin for that matter.
*Crystal is almost a PA!!!!! and almost back in my arms where she belongs! :)
*Running 8 miles and feeling GOOD at the end instead of murderous.
*Bend. Meeting fabulous people and doing incredible things.
*Breakfast with my sissy. It's lame that Portland ends up being so far away when you miss your family.
*Kinetic Sculpture picnic.
*MacKenzie got married! HOLY SMOKES!!! Beautiful day! :)
*And all the walks / talks / fires / bbq's / meal-sharing / wine drinking / happy thoughts that make life fun. :)
LaRee and I.........best friends when we were 14, and still close today!! Love you lady.
SONG: Dog days are over, Florence and the Machine
No comments:
Post a Comment