Sunday, February 13, 2011

When a two year old gets your camera.....

So....I have a couple of friends that I hang out with on a pretty regular basis. My room mates, for example, and that whole community...my hospital group. My family....etc...you get the idea. Some of my friends, however....are small. Quite small. Like Ava.

Ava and I see each other one to two times per week, at least. We usually meet at block 15 or magenta (she's a very sophisticated small person...unfortunately she mispronounces their 'pho' soup as 'foot' soup, which has now just turned into a funny joke), and on occasion we'll take a nice little hike or walk somewhere. Ava is two (and a half!), and VERY smart (duh). Nearly every time I see this little girl, there's a perfect sequence of events that always happen:

Step one: The greeting. "Hi Ava!!!" I always say, very excitedly! Rather than "Hi Heather!" right back, I get a "DID YOU SEE MY DRESS?!?!?!" instead...and....although it could be a dress I've seen a zillion times, it still (of course) is the most beautiful thing EVER. And we goggle at it's beauty. Of course.
Step two: The twirl. "do you wanna watch me twirl!?" Of course I do. A dress is not complete without a proper twirl. So....she twirls and twirls and twirls...making ME dizzy watching, and her dizzy with all the moving...and twirling. She gives a strong curtsy, and we move on to the next step.....
Step three: MY PURSE.
After talking about dresses, and shoes, and who can twirl better...yenno...girl stuff....Ava ALWAYS goes through my purse. The main reason for this, is probably quite obvious...I have a ginormous (it's a word) purse...and, to be honest, it keeps her occupied for quite awhile, allowing 'grown ups' (am I a grown up....really?? ugh....when did that happen??) to talk, and the small person to be temporarily quiet while sifting through all my 'treasures.' Who knew highlighters and chapstick could be so fun! Note to self: remove inhaler / corkscrew from purse.....(it never happens)....

So anyhow.....today I went through my camera (which happens to reside in my purse).

I know, of course, that she sometimes steals it and pushes buttons...but I had no idea the extent of the 'damage!'

I thought I'd share some of the pictures. She's not too bad....

Ava likes to take out all the loose change and count it....and apparently photo it. 
Don't mind her fingers...

Our beers. Very appropriate. Oh and a deoderant container...she likes that too. Smells nice!

An attempt to take a picture of the waitress, Geri, Jerry, Jeri (no idea how to spell her name). 
Good one.
An attempt at me. Dang Ava! Coulda been cute!


An attempt at sugar packets?

Ava! look at the camera! (Camera STOLEN! Ha!)

Not sure if she's trying to bust dad for texting at the table (nice face, Chris), or trying to get a pic of the guy behind him?

There she goes! into the purse....

Ava LOVES ketchup.....it's her favorite food.

Nice ones of Jimmy.....

 Caught you!

I swear I didn't take this....

ALMOST got a smile from caleb!

Glamour shot. Duh!

Annnnnnyhow...I thought the pictures were pretty funny. Thanks Chris/Clover for having such a cute lady....and thanks, Ava, for being such a fun small friend. Maybe someday you'll read my blog... :)

In other news (yeah...I might as well keep writing)......I went to the SPA yesterday.

As I've probably mentioned about a million times...my baby sister has FINALLY moved on from being a minor.......making her a major?....hmm....that I'll have to look into, but bottom line is: she is 21! woo! She crossed over to adulthood (ha) at the beginning of January, but my sisters and I, and stepmom (which I hate that word...it's sooooo formal...can't we just call her a 2nd mom and be done with it), karen, finally got around to celebrating it YESTERDAY. Followed by a SCRUMPTIOUS dinner put on by 'the boys'....aka dad and jimmy.

Ze ladies, however, went here.

Go.

Don't even think twice about it. Just...promise me that you'll do it.

We started our blissful day with a champagne lunch. Perfect. 

It was promptly followed by a relaxing foot soak, and then foot massage....which, normally I'm super freaked out by people touching my feet...but whatever that woman did...was heaven. I want that every day. After coming out of my foot-rub induced coma, I was swept away by a lovely lady for an hour long body massage. Pure joy. I finished out the day with a 'daydream' facial and some time in the sauna.

I needed that. 

You don't realize how stressed out you can become until you take a day off sometimes. With school + this time consuming CNA thing (really the material is super simple...but it takes FOREVER to just get to the frickin quizes! ugh!), + Edwards training + oh yeah...working!!!...I hit burnout on Friday. Succumbed to exhaustion and just died....or so I thought. Took a break from life, and had the spa day to look forward to Saturday. It was perfect timing.

It was one of those things though....while sitting on that squashy couch and having my FEET rubbed, of all things...I laid my head back, closed my eyes... and couldn't help thinking "how in the world do I EVER feel like I have the right to complain about anything?!" My life...is fine. Privileged even. I just need to be grateful. I am grateful.

Grateful for the day at the spa. Grateful for my little friend, Ava. Grateful to be taking it day by day. The woman that gave me my facial (coincidentally, also named Heather) was so much fun to talk to...she was so wise! "We are our own jail-keepers...only we have the power to set ourselves free." Oh heather...you're so smart. I need to remember to unwind every now and then, or else I'll burnout. Unwinding is okay!! sheesh.

K.....that's all I think.

song of the week: home, edward sharp and the magnetic zeroes. 

reminds me of late night dance parties..... 

1 comment:

Pat G said...

Nice post- the pix are great- especially the ones Ava took :) Jimmy's looking stylin'