Thursday, February 17, 2011

Remember that book...?

When you were a kid? The one that was called Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Yeah.....that was it today. The day where you wake up...and everything is already wrong. You slept in 30 minutes past your alarm, realize you're not in your normal bed and that you actually have morning chores (housesitting at my mom's)...somehow dress, brush teeth, put hair up, feed animals, find shoes, all at faster than the speed of light...only to realize you can't find your keys. You search and search and search...and time keeps going faster and faster..........ugh...it's like you can FEEL the anesthesiologist at work tapping their foot, waiting for you (although...they weren't...it just felt like that). FINALLY you find your keys (in the bathroom?), and YOUR CAR IS ICED OVER....with five minutes to get to work to clock in on time.

Terrible
Horrible
No Good
Very Bad

It seriously went on like that all day. I won't get into many details...but work was a crazy (rather depressing) blur. Starting...literally right as I walk in the door and that dreaded overhead voice that likes announcing things like "full traumas" or "code 99" or "massive transfusion"...etc....starts bringing all the good news. yuck. I have to stay late due to being so short on staff, cutting into my homework time...scramble to do school work (we had presentations tonight)...do evening chores....get the house clean for my parents re-arrival....and....HA! Success!! Something went right!! I leave at 5:25 pm to head to class (at 6)...and I'm running ahead of schedule. SO RELIEVED.

I make it to hwy 20 (coming from N Corvallis) to head to LBCC...and realize...'hmm...my binder isn't in my purse.' No bother, it must be in the back seat....NOT THERE EITHER. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I forgot my homework on the kitchen table. Had to turn around and go all the way back, as my professor doesn't accept late work...AND all my presentation material was in the binder.

I showed up 20 minutes late because of that...

Terrible......HORRIBLE....NO GOOD.....SO MAD/SAD AT EVERYTHING.....very bad day.

Ugh. It's a little after 8pm and I'm going to bed.

Sorry for the grumpy post....sometimes you just have to vent. Tomorrow has to be better right?? I'm in my own bed, at least. That's a step in the right direction...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey....I know this was yesterday....but I made brownies today, wish I could give you one. They were really good! Browned butter, walnut brownies :)