Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cosmos....Christmas....and Catchphrase??

Some families sing carols and open presents on Christmas Eve.......some may have a big feast......devouring ginormous turkeys or hams and stuffing themselves with all the fixins'....a lot of families go to church and pray.....thanking God for the lives that they've been blessed with. My family on the other hand drinks cosmos......

a LOT of cosmos.

My dad hosts a christmas eve get-together every year. Our relatives drive to portland from various areas in Oregon and we giggle our way through the evening drinking these bright pink drinks. The more sophisticated guests stick with wine or beer, I suppose....but most of us aren't afraid to drink in style.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....but all in all...Christmas this year, I'd say...was a HUGE success. Waking up in my old room, in my old bed always brings back fun memories of high school days...until I turn to see my sister has also decided to sleep in my old room.....in my old bed (which happens to be a twin), cursing to the high heavens "Why in the $*%& is that alarm going off? I am seriously going to $&^&ing kill that thing!!!" ahh...Merry Christmas to you too, my love. :) just like old times.... :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Here are some pictures of mine!


Sisters......

Jimmy stirring up the cosmo magic......

Kelly shakin it! 

New profile pic??? Laura turns 21 in like a week!!!!!

The famiry....... :) 
Kelly, Karen, Dad, Me, Laura. 
This was an intermission picture from cosmo making....but not to worry:

Jimmy got right back on it.....

YUM

Double yum!!

Don't worry....we didn't give any to the kids!

Sisters.....

So....someone brought out the game catchphrase?? 
Sammy kept kicking all our butts.....

Whoa.....

Favorite picture of Jimmy all night, by FAR.....

You tell 'em Laura....

Christmas morning was a little different this year than most. Usually, we stay at our dad's in portland until mid morning and then head to our mom's here in Corvallis.......this year, I had the wonderful pleasure of being on call and had to head back early. I arrived at my mom's around 7am....perfect timing for a delicious breakfast. We made traditional norwegian and danish christmas cookies while waiting for Laura and Jimmy. All was well. I watched Miracle on 34th street for the first time in YEARS and then....dun dun dunnnnnn.......my pager went off.
BAM. Christmas ruined.

Kidding. :)

Went in for a few hours, but managed to make it back by mid afternoon. Presents commenced, and dinner making went underway.

Mom and I prepared beef wellington....which was literally one of the best things I've ever eaten in my whole life. EVERY SINGLE BITE I wanted to make one of those "mmmmm" sounds and say something like "no.....seriously.........this is the best thing I've ever eaten."...but I think I was getting a little repetitive. Here is a pic of me rolling out the puff pastry that our treasure is all wrapped up in. It was like it's own Christmas present!


 Pushing together all the seams.....

SMILE

Laura and Jimmy were really helpful.......

I ended the night meeting some friends out and about (seriously....who goes out on Christmas?????)....unfortunately it got too rowdy for me (on call makes me a little boring) and I decided bed was the best idea. This was me before hittin the town......funnily enough I didn't take any 'after' pictures.....

yeah yeah yeah. sassy frass me.

Love you all! :)

No comments: