I'm standing on the brink of a lot of change. Have you heard? Let me fill you in.....
A couple of weeks ago I was offered a new job...........in addition to my AA tech position. It involves traveling to different hospitals to teach staff how to use a specific kind of equipment (more or less). This position will be on my days that I already have off, and will not interfere with my current position at Good Sam. I'm excited for the opportunity. I'm excited for change. I'm excited.........to see new places and meet new people! First and foremost I will be an AA tech...but............secondary to that I get to explore new things, all the while continuing to learn...how could I turn it down!?
The same week I accepted this position (which is not at all samaritan affiliated, fyi), my good friend, Jenna, expressed worries about her living situation. With her current roommates moving out, and life doing that whole standing still, yet flying thing, she was left with a decision: move out, or scramble to find a new roomie. soooo...........I said 'what the heck?!' I want to live there! My workout wife and I are to be re-united....now we have no excuse.......Olivia.....we'll be at your mercy again very soon. ugh. hour of power? spinning? zumba? 545 in the morning?! we'll be there.
I move out next week. No more downtown apartment, no more wake up calls from the drunk guy sitting outside the greyhound station singing about the girl he met at the bar. No more walking out into my hallway and wondering "nice.....wonder who puked on my stairs?" No more opening my door at 2am to friends who just can't quite make it home after a night of too much fun. But best of all........no more being alone. Although I do quite well in keeping myself surrounded by my incredible friends...I am getting a little sad living alone. I like....serving people. I'm excited to be with company again. "morning jenna....can I make you a latte?" "phil.....wanna study together?" "5 more minutes Jenna! then i'll wake up!!!!" They're going to be fun roomies.......
Also in the month of January I'll be tackling an A&P night class to keep me on track for nursing school, as well as the CNA program that samaritan has to offer. I am so grateful for Candace for lighting a fire under my butt to help me get going on this CNA stuff. I REALLY don't want to ever be a CNA...I have no desire to work on the floors of the hospital...but.......it'll increase my chances to get into nursing school, so responsibly.......I have to do it. But I'm doing it with Candace! how fun! :)
So.....with the two jobs, the move, the class, and the training program...I may be something of a ticking time bomb of bitchyness for the month of January. Did I mention as well that I'm going on two trips? Phoenix and San Francisco! I'm not entirely sure how this is all going to fit into 31 days....but it kinda has to. Be patient with me please!
As Ruby prepares to depart for Africa....I will be moving in.....watch out ladies!!
Hi Roomie......
I'm exhausted just re-reading this..........time to go put off moving a little longer and walk around downtown!!! :)


2 comments:
LATTE?!!!!! yes please! Heather! What if you slept in ruby and lewis' room and we made the office like a girl cave or something. Ok, weird idea. The kitchen can be our girl cave.
So fun...lots of changes :)
Post a Comment