Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Life in fast forward....

I'm always looking ahead. Where am I going to be next year? What am I going to be doing? Will I be a nurse in five years from now (oh my word, if I'm not...someone needs to be responsible for taking me out back and just finishing me off)? Am I ever going to leave Corvallis?...etc....ALWAYS looking ahead.

I know this about myself....always have. I get so excited about what is to come, that I forget, sometimes, to live in the present. FOR EXAMPLE (ha......I love examples)....it was my birthday last week, and in celebration I went to Bend with a bunch of my ladies for a weekend get away. I'd been working 16 hour days at the hospital (as I'm sure I've complained about to most everyone who has ears); doing CNA clinicals as well as my regular work hours. All I could think about was Bend..."I just have to get through this day...and I'm one step closer" As pathetic as it is, I would literally write down on my vitals notecard: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8, and cross the hours off one by one as I plowed through the CNA hours....thanks for that idea, Crystal........NOT at all helpful. ;) It's funny though...I DID attempt to blog while working so much. My titles were particularly amusing to look back on: "patience vs. patients" "...I am foamed OUT" (in regards to my hands nearly falling off from too much hand sanitizer), and then lastly "fried." ha! made it though! woo!

Unfortunately...I think I was so anxious to be done working....that when it finally hit, I was still in fast forward. We are back home already and I can't believe it's done. We had an absolute BLAST (pictures at the end of the post), but I wish I'd have stopped to appreciate it a little more. It snowed the whole time...why didn't we have a snowball fight?! why didn't I make us hot cocoa?! (probably cause we were on a strict wine/beer/champagne diet)....sigh. I am either thinking about the past, or worrying about the future. Silly me. Today I am home....allllll day. No house sitting, no trips planned, nothing. I will enjoy it. Savor it.

How?

I'll make a pie. Duh.

pics from AZ? I guess I forgot to post them........this is my grandpa's 90th!

Jenna convinced me to come out one night after a 16 hr day..........we were practicing camera angles with Sam. 

This is SUCH a funny picture.

I heart her.

On our way to Bend....Crystal was grumpy about driving.

The sign says it all...

Please disregard cracked windshield (not my car)....but look how pretty!

Went to the fish hatchery....that's not coffee.

Hi friend. Sorry I cut off your face....

Candace! And baby boat! She is my hero. Carried a baby AND did 16 hour hospital days. Who am I to complain!?

Oh claire...how you complete my life....

It started snowing.....

I really liked it...

Then we walked home.......


I think Krista took dinner night pictures (went to a restaurant downtown called Zydeco...it was INCREDIBLE. I highly highly suggest it! Get the duck and be prepared for your whole world to change) - will have to steal those from her...but that's all for now. I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! So many things have happened!

All in all, life is good...and it's nice to finally slow down a little to enjoy it. Nursing school applications are going out, and I'm feeling less crazy / more normal. Thanks for reading..........LOVE YOU!!!!!!

song of the week: can't go back now, the weepies

No comments: