Saturday, January 15, 2011

Really?! What was I thinking?!

So......I moved in with Jenna and Phil last week.....and although I've really only spent like a total awake time there for around 15 hours I keep finding myself thinking: why did this take me so long?!?!

I woke up Thursday morning (my first day off) to Jenna's sweet work voice as she told yet another customer this was their last chance to pay up, and asked if she wanted coffee....the excitement commenced. For Christmas, I received one of these: coolest espresso machine on earth. Seriously. Check it out. Buy one. It will change your life.

Jenna's crazy outbursts of simple, yet contagious, enthusiasm had me going ALL day. Making coffee with her felt like we'd just discovered the meaning of life....and it went ALL DAY! Unpacking all my things could have been such a boring chore, but every time I unwrapped something I'd hear a little stir on the couch as Jenna tried to be professional while chatting with her boss online, yet simultaneously attempting to contain her mounting elation...IT WAS SO FUN!

So then...I find myself thinking.........what in the heck took me so long?! Jenna has asked me to move in a zillion times over the past couple of years! Did I think I needed some kind of maturing alone time?? A trial period to grow up in solitude?

I must be crazy.

Now......I'm faced with just over six months of joy with my new roomies before they embark on their new life when Phil gets his new job. Maybe I'll just move with them. :)

Maybe Lewis and Ruby will move back from Africa and we can be a big happy family forever and ever. ..making up for my hesitation these last couple years.

Seize opportunities before they're gone right? Look on the bright side. Live!

I have a ton of pictures to post, but am currently in California waiting for my sister to get out of the shower so we can go explore. Wanted to post something while I wait. It is beautiful here! So happy we made the trip!

Life is so fun....so.....unexpected. I love thinking, literally everyday "I could wake up tomorrow and my whole world could change." Jenna.....you are changing my world!!!!!

The excitement of a morning espresso.

Can't wait for the next 6 months to unfold. Wait......yes I can! I don't want them to leave! :)

K.......time to run.

Jenna............thanks for being you....and thanks for being so good at paw ball. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uh oh....you guys might get a little TO CRAZY when i'm gone. Ha! Glad you are having fun :)
Ruby