Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Overwhelmed.........

Well....we pushed our date back to head to California to tomorrow (the 7th). We are leaving tomorrow evening. Driving. I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed right now. I feel like I keep checking things OFF my 'to do' list, only to put more things on it. There are 16 peppers in my kitchen right now waiting to be roasted.

16.
peppers.

That is SO many peppers. They, then, have to be peeled, chopped, and simmered in an already made sauce (that I haven't made yet) for 2 hours.

I am currently sitting on my couch in the dark drinking a glass of wine ignoring my stupid to do list. My house is a wreck! My clothes aren't packed, my car needs cleaned out, I haven't picked up the beer...OR the centerpiece stuff. I have to go buy more fish, because I didn't make enough yesterday....and then smoke it! grrrr.

ugh.

AND....I don't have a dress.

AND....I have homework.

AND...I need to go for a run.

WOW. Really? Did I just do that?

Maybe I need a pet. I can vent all my issues to my poor animal instead of on here... :)

ok ok ok....in reality though....I can't complain. Aside from the zillions of things that I have to do, I had a fabulous day....a really fabulous week actually. Not to get into too much detail, but today we had a patient that got into a really severe car accident (WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!).....she literally could have easily decapitated herself, but was LUCKY. SO LUCKY. It was one of those days though where everything clicked. Everyone knew what to do, what to get, and how to help one another. We acted as a team. At the end of it...I got not one, but TWO hugs from some of my co-workers in an expression of gratitude for my help. It made my day. Seriously. To know....that you actually DID help. To know...that you made a difference in helping save that person....it gave me the warm and fuzzies. :)

Have I mentioned how much I love my work family? :)

Here are some pictures from my week: ENJOY! Next week I'll post pictures of a rockin party and a day from DISNEY! woo!

 Showing off OSU spirit on Beaver game day! Woo! This is what you get when you make me work when there are home games!
Pizza we made for the oven......pictured below:
Wood fired oven we built at my parents house......yeah....we're crafty. Outside design done by Laura and Jimmy.

My pie. :) I heart pie.

Thanks for letting me complain.

I suppose I should go roast some peppers....

Or maybe go dress shopping? ;)

All my love.


1 comment:

Pat G said...

I love the wood-fired pizza oven-- very cool design. And I know what you mean about seat belts-- I saw enough people that didn't wear them on the fire dept--bad news.

I feel overwhelmed often- at work and here at home too. I wind up blowing off stuff that isn't really important but then sometimes work like a maniac and get things done but more stuff always comes up. I cleaned on the house yesterday for hours but, weirdly, I still have a lot to do.